QuarterX Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fansite Forum board for QuarterX Private Server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Join AwakenedX.info Best server ever no lagg
Did you know? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm by AwakenedX

Did you know? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:57 pm by AwakenedX

Did you know? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:56 pm by AwakenedX

Did you know? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:55 pm by AwakenedX

» My account
Did you know? EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:43 pm by mr criminal

» Hi I'm Joe
Did you know? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:25 am by jukol11

» New QuarterX Server being made.
Did you know? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:02 pm by NickelX

» TO ALL EX-QUARTERX PLAYERS
Did you know? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:01 pm by NickelX

» Intro :)
Did you know? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 pm by TeleTubbyZ

Top posters
kierenfay602
Did you know? I_vote_lcapDid you know? I_voting_barDid you know? I_vote_rcap 
Devotion
Moon
Patrick
arush
shadowxd1221
Sun
Scuberz
blink
heat
Statistics
We have 151 registered users
The newest registered user is mat dog87

Our users have posted a total of 545 messages in 87 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll

Did you know?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Patrick

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Did you know?   Did you know? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:30 am

Put all your did you knows about runescape here XD..

Ill start as up x.x

The "Rune" in "RuneScape" does not refer to the metal, but to the magical runes.The Rune metal was not available when RuneScape was first released.

In the castle located in Falador, there is an NPC named "Sir Vyvin". (Surviving).

The examine text for an ice titan is "Frosty the highly violent snowman." This is a reference to the popular song Frosty the Snowman.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:32 am

Players have been known to sell a "rare black lobster" for outrageous prices in the past. This was just a worthless burnt lobster. The term "rare black lobster" is now used as a term making fun of new player's gullibility.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Sun

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:38 am

1. If you try to buy a Dragon Scimitar from Zeke in the Scimmy Store in Al Kharid, he'll say, "The banana-brained nitwits who make them would never sell any to me. Seriously, you'll be a monkey's uncle before you hold a Dragon Scimitar." The funny part is, you actually have to pretend to be a Monkey's Uncle in Monkey Madness, which you need to do in order to wield a D Scimmy. So everything he says is actually true.

2A. Canifis is probably a reference to the drug cannabis.
2B.Zoo mission report - Day 420 refers to 420, a codeword for the use of the drug cannabis.

3.The four levels of the Stronghold of Security were based on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. They were known as Pestilence, Famine, War, and Death, which are the names of the levels

4. Back in RSC, the colouration of the lobster was actually the wrong way around. Raw lobsters were a bright red colour when caught, and turned a deep brown when cooked. It wasn't until the implementation of the "RS2" upgrade that it was fixed.

5. If you take all the first letters from the wilderness cape merchant's names it will spell the word "Wilderness".

6. In early 2001, there were two magic skills, Good Magic and Evil Magic. However, with the introduction of a new magic system, the latter skill was removed, and the former skill changed to Magic. For example, if the player had level 50 Good Magic and level 40 Evil Magic, he would keep level 50 Magic, and the experience for the Evil Magic was discarded. Because of this, some players were upset that they lost money for training their lower magic skill, and that the experience was thrown away instead of carried over. The evil magic spells were Confuse, Thick Skin, Shock Bolt, Elemental Bolt, Fear, and the good magic spells were Chill Bolt, Burst of Strength, Camouflage, Rock Skin, and Wind bolt.

7. In early 2001, Smithing had very different requirements. For example, players needed level 96 Smithing to make steel plates rather than 48.

8. In RuneScape Classic, there was a skill that had no use called Carpentry. The skill today of Construction was an updated version of this dead skill. It is speculated that the empty houses and large building on the east side of Falador were set to be the original Player-owned houses, but when Carpentry failed, the area simply wasn't developed. When Falador's graphics were updated on RS2, it simply became an NPC residential area

9. The clock above the bank in Catherby, the Clock Tower, and East Ardougne appears to have stopped at 10:04, which may be a reference to the 1985 movie Back to the Future, in which the clock above the courthouse stopped at that exact time.

10. Most of the White Knights have names that are a play on words. For instance, there is "Sir Vyvin" (surviving), "Sir Renitee" (serenity), Sir Amik Varze" (ceramic vase), "Sir Tiffy Cashien" (certification) and "Sir Vant" (servant)

11. The strange box used to be a colour-based random event; for example, it may ask "Which shape is red?" or "What colour is the square?". This was changed because colour-blind people were not able to complete the event.

These are some from Sal's realm.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:50 am

I found another one

Chickens cannot kill you, no matter what.

:O
Back to top Go down
Sun
Sun

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:02 am

If you use a herring on the grand tree door, it says "It cannot be done"
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:29 am

i got a good one.

In Runescape classic, all of the weapons were the same speed.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Sun

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:50 am

Runescape Classic didnt have any sound or music.

The only sound was for members, and taht was just some basic sound effects.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Did you know that purple (pink) party hats were once the most expensive, but due to a duplication exploit hack blue is the most costly. Sixfeetunder was the person who accidently discovered a way to send commands to rsc.

Did you know that runescape was once a good game

Did you know that runescape is dead

Did you know that in runescape classic there was a dwarven black hole, where people are sent to if you break the rules, it's basically a black void. There is a mimic dwarven black hole which is dubbed, " The Black Whole Experience" where people go on a mimic of the black hole, to return to runescape, one must buy a "Disk of Returning." The black hole and disk of returning were all together taken out, because people would trick others into going to the black hole without an disk, and people selling the disks for an absurd amount of money. There is one person who somehow got out of the black hole (forgot the name)

The falador massacre happened when cursed you had a 99 construction party, at the fighting pit, durial321 the victim somehow fell beneath the floors and teleported how. There he found out he had the ability to "pk" people outside of the wilderness, since the fighting pit ( it's like a boxing square thing) allows you to attack people with boxing gloves. He was later ip banned along with cursed you.
(this happened on 6/6/06.) (I was going to go, but i wasn't a member Sad so i didn't witness it with my own eyes)

This one I forgot about

"The knife glitch was one of the first major bugs to hamper Runescape. How it worked:

A player would load their inventory with a weapon and lots of knives. They would then click somewhere on the map to start walking. They would right click and drop the weapon.... but wait! Back in RSC, you had to stop before you dropped anything. This meant the weapon you clicked to drop was still in your inventory. All you had to do is right click again on the weapon and wait until you stopped walking and the item was dropped. A knife would move into the slot your weapon was in. By clicking "Wield" in the box of the weapon you just dropped, you would equip the knife instead. This would add to your weapon strength even though a knife isn’t a weapon. The more knives you had, the higher you could hit (obviously). In this particular picture, someone made a noob character and got his strength level to 10. He used the knife bug to fight a Greater Demon. As you can see, the knife bug was extremely effective...he hit a 25 on the Greater Demon with only 10 strength and a bronze hatchet!" --www.runescaperealm.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuarterX Fansite :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: